Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register Now to access our FREE search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
Burns Court at the front door and Palm Avenue at the back, in the heart of Downtown Sarasota - just steps from Marina Jacks waterfront - the perfect downtown Pied-a-Terre, an ideal space to showcase your business with great visibility and private parking, or your very own creative blend of private live/work. Current owner has it built out as an artist’s studio with living space; previously was law firm with 5 offices. Original charm with wood-burning fireplace and new hurricane windows. Ability to update or extend within the downtown core RS5 zoning which allows work live options. Enjoy the mixed-use neighborhood of Burns Court out your front door, the Saturday city market just a few blocks away, keep your boat at Marina Jack’s one block away, walk your dog in city island park, with romantic restaurants and art galleries off of Palm Avenue just steps from your back door. But the real beauty lies in the possibility and potential this property holds. With the largest lot in Burns Court, there is ample room to preserve the historic 1920s home while adding 2,500+ square feet of live/work ground floor space at the back. Convert the current flat roof into a 1,000 sq ft rooftop terrace with staircase access or commercial elevator - a feature few homes in Burns Court or downtown can offer. Unlike any other, this property offers a private drive and 4+ car parking. Zoned DTC, this gem is full of endless possibilities! Design your own private downtown lifestyle or office with no HOAs or community/landlord rules.
Get in Touch for More Information about this Property
- MLS® #A4432422
- Full Baths2
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage1,197
- Year Built1926
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Home
- UtilitiesCable Available, Electricity Connected, Public, Sewer Connected, Street Lights
- ParkingDriveway, Guest, Open
- GaragesUnder Building Parking
- ViewHistoric District, In City Limits, Lot - Irregular, Near Marina, Near Public Transit, Lot - Oversized, Sidewalk, Street Paved, City View
- Exterior FeaturesSidewalk, Storage, Mature Landscaping, Trees/Landscaped
- Lot DescriptionUp to 10,889 Sq. Ft.
- WindowsENERGY STAR Qualified Windows, Insulated Windows, Thermal Windows
- Address400 Burns Ct
- SubdivisionBURNS COURT
- CountySarasota County
- Zip Code34236
- InteriorCeramic Tile, Wood
- Interior FeaturesBuilt in Features, Solid Surface Counters, Thermostat
- AppliancesCooktop, Refrigerator
- CoolingCentral Air
- FireplacesLiving Room, Wood Burning
- StoriesOne Story
- Days on Market170
Price Change History for 400 Burns Ct, Sarasota, FL (MLS® #A4432422)
|Price Reduced||$749,000||$90,000 (10.73%)|
|Price Reduced (from $875,000)||$839,000||$36,000 (4.11%)|