Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register Now to access our FREE search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
MIDCENTURY MODERN ARTIST RETREAT! Awarded the 1st Annual James Rose Award and the American Institute of Architects Award of Excellence for Historic Preservation after its TOTAL REMODEL AND ADDITION. Located west of trail, a mile from the Heart of Siesta Key and a short distance to the Downtown Sarasota District, blocks from shopping. This unique ONE LEVEL RANCH home showcases thoughtful design choices throughout! Well planned Solar panels power the home and provide solar heat to the pool with electric backup. The home also includes Hurricane rolldown shutters, 250-gallon propane tank, new PVC plumbing through the foundation, new electric panel. Enter the home through a wrought iron gate and you're in a beautiful indoor/outdoor room for your orchid garden. A beautiful Chef's Kitchen equipped with a Wolf gas range, Sub-Zero refrigerator and lots of cabinetry. The spacious open floor plan makes for great entertaining, the large corner sliding glass doors further open the home to an inviting heated salt water lap pool, and covered patio. New landscaping throughout allows for tranquil seclusion under tremendous oaks. Recently a new landscape was done and a full rear screened in veranda, new windows and doors and a front fully fenced in private courtyard. Two of the bedrooms have wall to wall free standing closets with white lacquer doors. All the floors throughout the home are Terrazzo!
Get in Touch for More Information about this Property
- MLS® #A4439454
- Full Baths3
- Square Footage2,222
- Year Built1963
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Home
- StyleMid-Century Modern
- UtilitiesCable Available, Electricity Connected, Phone Available, Propane, Public, Sewer Connected, Solar, Water Available
- # of Garages2
- Garages2 Car Garage
- ViewOversized Lot, Near Public Transit, Level, In City Limits, Lot - Oversized, Wooded View
- Has PoolYes
- PoolIn Ground, Other, Salt Water
- Exterior FeaturesFenced, Sliding Doors, Hurricane Shutters, Lighting, Other, Rain Gutters, Fruit Trees, Mature Landscaping, Oak Trees, Trees/Landscaped, Patio/Porch Covered, Patio/Porch Screened
- Lot DescriptionUp to 10,889 Sq. Ft.
- Address1640 Wisconsin Ln
- CountySarasota County
- Zip Code34239
- Interior FeaturesCeiling Fans(s), Built in Features, Eating Space In Kitchen, High Ceiling(s), Kitchen/Family Room Combo, Living Room/Dining Room Combo, Master Bedroom Downstairs, Open Floorplan, Solid Surface Counters, Split Bedroom, Thermostat
- AppliancesBuilt-In Oven, Cooktop, Dishwasher, Disposal, Electric Water Heater, Microwave, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Exhaust Fan, Other, Solar Hot Water Owned
- HeatingCentral, Solar
- CoolingCentral Air, Other
- StoriesOne, One Story
- Days on Market166
Price Change History for 1640 Wisconsin Ln, Sarasota, FL (MLS® #A4439454)
|Price Reduced||$899,000||$20,000 (2.18%)|
|Price Reduced (from $920,000)||$919,000||$1,000 (0.11%)|