Selby Public Library in Downtown Sarasota
In 1907, the iconic Selby Public Library was the first library established in Sarasota County. Located at 1331 First Street in downtown Sarasota, this facility is within walking distance to the luxury residences of One Hundred Central, Plaza at Five Points, 1350 Main Street and dozens of other downtown condos.
Sarasota's Public Library is maintained by a permanent endowment from the Selby Foundation. The Selby Foundation was established by William Selby prior to his death in 1956. The Library moved from its bayfront location to its new downtown location in 1998 keeping its Selby name.
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Tuesday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Wednesday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Thursday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Saturday:10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Sunday: Closed Until Further Notice
Location and Contact Information
Selby Public Library
1331 First St.
Sarasota, FL 34236
Main Phone Number: (941) 861-1100
Map & Directions